Wednesday, August 02, 2006

So I just got home from watching Scoop, which by the way was a fantastic movie but not relevant to this post, and flipped on the television. I am not home enough for cable so that leaves me with about 3 channels, sporting reruns of King of Queens or reruns of Just Shoot Me. OOOh decisions decisions. A commercial for interactive male comes on (for those who don't know what that is, its basically like those late night commercials for phone sex slash personal hook up agencies that show scantily clad dumb as post lingerie models on TV talking on the phone like their idea of a hot Friday night is sitting on the phone waiting for the greasy guy with the beer gut and star wars collection to call em and rock their world. Except this is for the gays). So it goes through its schpeel about meeting that great guy, blah blah blah, all the while dazzling with its green screened polka dot background. Now the thing that stood out, and in turn point of this dazzling first blog of mine, is that when it got to meet guys that share the same interests, they showed two gym bunnies working out. Really? Thats the shared interest? The gym? Don't get me wrong, I am all for being healthy, go team and all that, but I have met the couples who, with this barbell, I thee wed, and it really doesn't seem like the best jumping board to start a relationship with. Your vapid and shallow, hey me too, I love that I love all those muscles you have. Granted, I am probably reading way too much into a late night informercial, but it just stood out to me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lola said...

Dude...don't you know that only gay men, women whose asses are in their knees, and straight men with small penises go to the gym? You're SO out of touch.
Also, gay men only watch Project Runway, go to Sushi Bars (for the hot waiters), and have sex with men from other area codes during annual cheese festivals.
Silly rabbit.

7:26 AM  
Blogger John said...

What are you talking about? I'm constantly seeing men I just slept with the night before at the gym with their boyfriends, and they clearly they have strong, meaningful relationships.

11:36 AM  
Blogger Tyler said...

If I still had feelings, I would see myself in this posting and then feel bad. Luckily, I am a vapid gay man who spends too much time in the gym. (Oh, and I had my feelings removed just before my thirtieth birthday, it's sort of like the gay bar mitvah.)
You scared me the other day when you called out my name in front of Fiesta Market--and I think you scared my clients away.

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home